27 February 2009

The Neighborhood

It has been a while since I've posted any photos of Prague. And since this is a Prague blog I'll correct the oversight.

Here are a few photos of our neighborhood. We live in the old part of town (Stare Mesto) and the streets, buildings, etc. in these photos are representative of the area.












On the left is the Bakeshop. Two or three morning visits per week is our norm for the espresso, baked goods, and the International Herald Tribune.


This statue is in honor of Franz Kafka, Czech author of The Metamorphosis and other works. About 90% of tourists snap photos of the statue, so I thought it was time I took one.


That's a little sample of our neighborhood. When spring arrives I'll take some more photos. To that end, we're heading to Egypt tomorrow for a week of sunshine. Catch everyone when we return!

No comments:

Post a Comment