20 February 2009

Prague February

Greetings all. This week has been rather uneventful, however several events standout to make it a representative expat week:

  • Last Friday we attended a going-away party for our friends Chris & Suzanne. A Russian couple brought 'Putinska' vodka to the party: "you know, like Putin" is how Ivan described it. When I asked Ivan who Putin was, he was totally shocked. Then he got the joke (thankfully), we had a good laugh, and everyone took a shot.

  • After seven months of patronage I'm being recognized at several neighborhood cafes. Finally.

  • Although things are well at the cafes, things are tenuous at the grocery store. On Tuesday at the checkout I did something to cause great debate among the checkers. Naturally neither of them speak English and my rudimentary Czech is of little help. It was one of those instances when I knew they were talking about me but I had no idea what they were saying. So I just paid while they ranted. And I avoided that checker on my next visit.
That's a sample set of my daily adventures in Prague. It's great. With that, here are some photos of our last trip to London. Cheers.




Having pub dinner at the Monkey Puzzle*. Bangers & mash for me, fish & chips for Molls. Four pints total.


*For those of you who are arboreally challenged, the monkey puzzle is a species of tree native to South America. I have no idea why this pub is named after it.


At Tower Bridge...


...and the Tower of London.

No comments:

Post a Comment