13 November 2008

Prague Pups

Wow, I can't believe it's been nearly a month since my last post. Is time faster in Europe?

Catching up: We made a quick trip stateside a couple weeks ago, to pickup our long term visas. Then last week we hosted Naomi & Jeff for a couple days. Naomi flew mid-week from Lisbon and worked from the MS office here with Molly. Jeff joined us for the weekend. We did some sightseeing, but mostly just hung out, enjoyed some beer (too many of them), and traded expat experiences (while Molls & I are expat rookies, Jeff & Naomi are veterans having been in Lisbon for well over a year). It was a fantastic weekend.

This week Molly's working in Reading (London) today and tomorrow. Then we're spending the weekend in Dublin. Should be a true Dublin experience too: the forecast calls for morning fog and light drizzle. Looking forward to it!

Now that I have a few posts under my belt, I have a little plan figured out for the blog. Here's a small observation about Prague. I'll throw these out periodically...

Dogs in Prague
Pups are real common around town. And they go everywhere with their owners: restaurants, bars, shops, the subway, you name it. Today at the coffee shop I was greated by a yellow lab when I walked in. It belongs to an employee of the shop and he's quite good at greeting customers. Being a dog lover, I enjoy this aspect of town. Then there's this fact: the vast majority of dogs are walked without leashes. They typically walk right beside or even behind their owners, never approaching anyone else. This might be an urban dog characteristic (rather than a eurodog characteristic), but it's new to us. Pretty cool.

With those earth shattering observations I'll call this post complete. Have a good weekend everyone, cheers.

2 comments:

  1. That's too funny...I noticed the same thing about dogs in London when walking through Kensington Park. Couldn't help but laugh thinking about how Sadie would be jumping all over every single person there! Have fun in Dublin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's *awesome!* makes me want to live in prague even more. i love a dog friendly everything!

    ReplyDelete